I want to tell you about the latest upgrade to the My Disney Experience app. it’s called Disney Genie and it is packed with great benefits that will make your upcoming trip to Walt Disney World easier and more fun!
Part 1 – Disney Genie
- Disney Genie is a FREE service available to all guests with valid park tickets.
- The only action required to use Disney Genie is to make sure you update your My Disney Experience app to the latest version.
- Features of Disney Genie include a personalized day planner, tip board, wait times, virtual assistant, mobile order, and virtual queues.
- For more information, visit Disney Genie Service.
Part 2 – Disney Genie+
- Much like the FastPass+/Max Pass systems used in the past, Genie+ allows guests to reserve the next-available arrival window at over 40 attractions throughout the Walt Disney World Resort using the Lightning Lane entrance .
- Disney Genie+ is an additional purchase that can be added to your park passes in advance for $15 per ticket, per day.
- Genie+ also includes access to Audio Tales (fun facts and behind-the-scenes insights) and special Photo Pass filters
- BIG TAKE AWAY – if you want to “skip the lines,” you will want to add Genie+ to your park passes!
- Guests who choose not to purchase Genie+ will have use the Standby Lines.
Part 3 – Individual Lightning Lane
- Individual Lightning Lane entry will be available to purchase for Disney’s most in-demand attractions, such as Rise of the Resistance and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.
- Guests are limited to purchasing two Individual Lightning Lane passes per guest, per day.
- Pricing for each pass will vary by date, attraction, and park, likely ranging from $7-15 per attraction per person. Pricing will be displayed before purchasing your Individual Attraction Selection.
* If I add Genie+ to my vacation package, does it provide the service for all days I will be in the parks? Yes, for example if you have a 3-day park ticket and add Genie+ to your vacation package, you will have Genie+ for all 3 days you will be in the parks.
* Can I purchase Genie+ for partial days of my vacation? Yes, but not in advance. If Genie+ is not added to your vacation package for all days, guests will be responsible for purchasing Genie+ within the app each day starting at midnight EST.
* Can Individual Lightning Lane passes be purchased prior to my check-in date? No, Individual Lightning Lane passes can only be added beginning at 7am EST the day you will be in the park if you are staying on property, or at park open if you are staying off-property.
* If I want to “skip the lines” at the parks, which do I need? You need Genie+, at a minimum, to skip lines at more than 40 attractions. If you’d like to skip the lines at the top headliner attractions, you will want to purchase Individual Attraction Selections each morning of your vacation via the My Disney Experience app.
* Can I still enjoy attractions without Genie+ or Individual Attraction Selections? Yes, standby lines and virtual queues will be offered without requiring Genie+ or Individual Attraction Selections.
* Will Genie+ “sell out”? No, Genie+ will be available to any/all guests who would like to purchase the feature.
* Can I purchase Individual Lightning Lane passes without purchasing Disney Genie+? Yes. You do not need to purchase Genie+ in order to purchase Individual Attraction Selections.
* Can Individual Attraction Selections be made for more than one park? For example can one be for Magic Kingdom and the other Epcot? Yes, Individual Lightning Lane passes can be made for more than one park if your park passes include the Park Hopper feature. For example, you could purchase Space Mountain at Magic Kingdom and Frozen Ever After at EPCOT.
* Is the 7 am start time for all guests, or only for those staying at Walt Disney World resorts?
- ALL guests with Disney Genie+ service can select their first lightning lane entrance beginning at 7 a.m. EST.
- Guests staying at Disney Resorts, Shades of Green® Resort on Walt Disney World® Resort, or the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels can purchase Individual Attraction Selections on the day of their visit, starting at 7 a.m. EST.
- All other Walt Disney World® Resort Guests can purchase Individual Attraction Selections on the day of their visit, starting at each Park’s opening time.
* Can I modify a Genie+ selection? Yes, you can cancel and rebook an available time/attraction. Individual Attraction Selections are NON-refundable and you cannot modify.
This is a lot to take in! Please feel free to reach out to schedule a time to talk about the best way to use these new features on your vacation.