Guess what? It’s hot everywhere; it’s probably hot where you are right now. So why not go be hot somewhere fun?
While some may be wary of visiting theme parks during the summer months due to the heat and crowds, there are many reasons summer is one of the best times to experience the fun of Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando Resort.
Here’s why we think summer is a fantastic time. (and also how to beat the heat):
- LESS CROWDED. Traditionally Summer has been the busiest time at the parks. That trend has shifted to Spring Break, Fall Break, and holidays, resulting in a shorter, busier, and more stressful vacation. Plan your visit during the less crowded summer to enjoy shorter wait times and a more relaxed atmosphere.
- Summer allows for more FLEXIBILITY in planning your visit. It’s easier to coordinate schedules with family, extended family and friends during the summer when school is out and parents have time off work.
- RESORT POOLS. We recommend taking a break during the hottest part of the day and play in the pool. All Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando resorts have a pool. No need to pack towels and life vests; they are provided. You can have lunch, relax, splash, slide, and maybe nap.
- Take advantage of EARLY PARK and EXTENDED PARK HOURS. An advantage to staying on property is early park hours. Get up, get going, and beat the crowds and the heat. Then take a break during the day (see reason 3) and go back to the park in the early evening.
- SEASONAL EVENTS: Starting July 27, at Walt Disney World, you can immerse yourself in the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, savoring delicious culinary delights from around the world. Continuing until July 5, enjoy the Flower & Garden Festival. Universal Studios offers the electrifying Summer Concert Series, featuring renowned musicians who will serenade you under the starry night sky.
- Summer NIGHTTIME Spectaculars: When the sun sets, the parks come alive with mesmerizing night spectaculars. Disney World’s Magic Kingdom showcases the enchanting Happily Ever After fireworks and projection show, while Epcot features the dazzling Epcot Forever fireworks display. Universal Orlando’s Islands of Adventure features Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts with a fireworks display.
- WATER ATTRACTIONS and Splash Zones: Get set to get wet! With temperatures soaring, what a better way to beat the heat than by indulging in refreshing water attractions? Both Walt Disney World and Universal Studios Orlando boast an array of water-based rides and splash zones that provide relief from the sun. Take a change of clothes or just get wet and let the heat dry you. Cool down and have fun without ever leaving the theme park.
- INDOOR ATTRACTIONS = Air Conditioning: In the heat of the day, escape indoors! There are so many rides, and shows at both Disney World and Universal Orlando that it’s easy to find one or more to sit down and cool off. Epcot in Disney World has one of the largest man made ocean environments on the planet.
- WATER PARKS! The scorching summer heat is no match for the refreshing water attractions found within these theme parks. Disney World boasts Typhoon Lagoon with the largest wave pool in North America, and Blizzard Beach with one of the world’s tallest and fastest free fall waterslides. At Universal Orlando, you can slide into the thrilling world of water rides at Volcano Bay, a tropical oasis that guarantees exhilaration and relaxation in equal measure while using virtual wait lines.
- SUMMER DISCOUNTS & SPECIAL OFFERS! Both theme parks have special pricing and offers for the summer.
- Walt Disney World: 4-Park Magic Ticket. Experience 4 days of magic and thrills across Walt Disney World theme parks when you purchase a specially priced 4-Park Magic Ticket for just $99 per day, plus tax (total price: $396 plus tax) The 4-Park Magic Ticket includes one admission to each park June 1 to September 29, 2023—subject to blockout dates from July 1 to July 4, and September 1 to September 4, 2023.
- Universal Orlando Resorts: Buy a 2-Park, 2-Day Ticket and get THREE EXTRA DAYS FREE. Five days of access to Universal Studios Florida and Universal Islands of Adventure with purchase of a 2-Day Base or Park-to-Park ticket.
Don’t let the heat keep you from visiting Orlando in the Summer. Pack your sunscreen, embrace the summertime and get ready to embark on a magic adventure like on other at these iconic them parks!