Why should I use a travel agent to book a vacation when it is so easy to book online?
We get this question ALL THE TIME… We could list tons of reasons, but in the interest of time, we’ll just stick to the Top 5:
- We work for you for FREE. It costs you exactly the same amount for us to book your trip as it does for you to book it on your own. Disney pays us a commission without passing that cost on to you – so there is no need for you to even price shop!
- We can save you MONEY. We work incredibly hard to make sure you are getting the best possible price for your vacation. We are always watching for discounts and will do our best to get available discounts applied to your vacation, even if you have already paid a deposit.
- We will save you TIME. Did you know that if you do an internet search for “Disney World” you will find over 55,800,000 entries? Do you really want to spend time sorting through all of that when all you have to do is pick up the phone or send us a text to get a fast, accurate answer? Not only that, but we will be the ones up at 5:00 am 180 days before your vacation to make your dining reservations. We will be the ones planning your park itinerary to make sure you maximize your time and keep you out of the lines. We will be the ones to make sure you know how to use the latest Disney “technology” to get the most from your vacation. We will even tell you what to pack!
- We are HERE TO HELP when things don’t go as planned. No one likes to think of having trouble on vacation, but let’s face it – it does happen. If you book your vacation on your own, you are on your own.
- We are EXPERTS. Small World Big Fun was founded in June 2008, but our owner, Cindy Minor, began planning Disney vacations for families way back in 2001. 18 months after we opened, we were became an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. This designation is given by Disney to select agencies to recognize their extensive knowledge of all things Disney and for the high level of value they provide to their clients as a result of their expertise. We achieved Gold Level Status in 2014. Cindy Minor, owner of Small World Big Fun, served on the Ear Marked Travel Advisory Council from 2012-2014.
How does this work – do we meet in person, or is everything handled online?
Because we have clients all over the country, we are certainly capable of handling many details online. But we really prefer to get started with a phone call so that we can get to know each other! We want to learn a little about your family’s preferences so that we can plan the vacation that works best for you. We are also happy to arrange a face to face meeting if that is what you prefer – in person, or via Skype or Webex!
Do you charge any fees? How do you get paid?
Small World Big Fun does not charge fees for our services when you book your resort or travel package through us. When we book the vacation package, we are compensated by Disney (or any other vendor we use to book your vacation.) They pay us, so you don’t have to! It’s the best deal EVER.
Do I have to pay in full up front? Can I pay over time?
A deposit is needed to guarantee your reservation. The amount of the deposit will vary depending on your vacation destination. After that, you can make payments however you like – a little each month, or pay it all at the time the final payment is due. It’s totally up to you!
Do you only book vacations to Walt Disney World?
In addition to Disney Destinations (Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, Adventures by Disney and Aulani) we also book travel to:
- Universal Studios
- Sandals/Beaches and many other destinations in the Caribbean and Mexico
- Ski vacations
- Select locations in Europe, including River Cruises with AmaWaterways (Y’ALL. Seriously – River Cruises are so totally fabulous…)
Do you book flights?
We will only book flights when they are included in a vacation package. If you need help with flights, please give us a call.
Is it worth it to take a small child who won’t remember anything?
This vacation is just as much about YOU as it is about your children. We’re all about planning experiences your kids will remember for the rest of their lives, but we want this to be unforgettable for you, too! After all, you are the one paying for the vacation. (In the 15 years we’ve been in business, not one time has a child called to provide the credit card to pay the final payment.) Some of my most precious memories are of experiences my child does not remember. When my daughter was two, we were in Epcot strolling through the United Kingdom pavilion. I thought she was asleep – she had her little Minnie Mouse sunglasses on (upside down) and her blanket wadded up under her cheek like a pillow. There is a pretty little gazebo in the courtyard in the back, and my husband and I were heading back there for a break. As we came around the corner, we saw that the courtyard was full of people and the band The British Invasion was just starting a performance. The first song was “I Wanna Hold Your Hand” by the Beatles. My daughter ripped off her sunglasses, leapt out of her stroller and shouted, ”Dance with me, Daddy!” She grabbed his hand and they took to dancin’ like their feet were on fire. She doesn’t remember that at all, but her daddy and I do, and I think about every time I go back to that courtyard in Epcot. There is no picture, just the sweetest memory.
If I have already booked a trip, can I still get a discount?
We work incredibly hard to make sure you are getting the best possible price for your vacation. If a discount is released that includes your dates of travel, we will do our very best to apply it to your existing reservation.
Do I really need to plan so far ahead?
Ideally, we’d like to begin planning your vacation at least 7 months in advance. That gives us time to firm up the vacation details, so that we can begin making plans right when the 180 day window opens for Advanced Dining Reservations. If you just don’t have that kind of lead time, we can certainly plan your vacation in less time (our record is 24 hours notice!), but the more time we have to plan, the easier it will be for us to secure dining reservations at the more popular restaurants at the most popular times. If you are traveling with a large group (8 or more people) we HIGHLY recommend you plan at least 7 months in advance.
My husband doesn’t want to go…
Well, bless his heart. We’re sure his idea of a Disney vacation involves huge crowds, long lines, screaming kids, and giant buckets of money that he might as well just throw in the garbage. Look. We’ve been doing this for a long time. We know how to turn a cranky, Disney-averse husband into a happy Disney dad! If you knew some of the dads that we have converted, you would be impressed. (Due to our strict adherence to client confidentiality, we can’t name names, but if we could, and if you knew these people, you would be impressed.)
I don’t want every single minute of my vacation to be planned.
We agree! Some of your best memories of your Disney vacation will come from experiences that you cannot possibly plan.
For example, I couldn’t have planned the surprise we got this past Christmas when we were on our way home from dinner after a long day in the park. We walked into the Boardwalk Inn to find Mickey and Minnie in the lobby with not another soul in sight. We had them all to ourselves for at least fifteen to twenty minutes!
The good news here is that we don’t have to plan every single minute for you to experience Disney magic. We will plan a few things, such as which park you will visit each day, hard-to-get dining reservations, and Fast Pass+ reservations to your family’s must-see attractions, but we also have lots of tricks to structure your itinerary in a way that allows you to be focused on FUN, not on the details of a schedule.
Can I still do all my own planning?
Hey, far be it from us to deny anyone the joy of planning a Disney vacation! The planning is definitely part of the fun! If you enjoy the planning, we will do as much or as little planning for you as you prefer. We will still be on the lookout for any applicable discounts. We are here as a resource for you to help you and your family have the best trip possible.
What if it rains?
This IS southern Florida, and it does rain. Most of the time, the showers only last for a 10-15 minutes. If it rains, you will put on a rain poncho and go to the parks anyway. Most people will clear out, and you will have a chance to ride your favorite rides with almost no lines.
I’m celebrating a special occasion – can you help me with that?
Hey – we are all about Big Fun! Give us a reason to celebrate and we will give you lots of options to make your occasion extra special!
What if I booked my trip on my own, but I REALLY feel like I need your help!
If it has been less than 30 days since your paid the deposit on your vacation, we can request to take over your reservation – this way, Disney pays us to work with you so that you don’t have to. If it has been more than 30 days, please give us a call anyway! We REALLY don’t want anyone to have a disappointing trip. We may be able to point you in the right direction. In some cases, we can provide itinerary planning services, but there will be a fee involved.