Disney Travel Agent in Dallas, TX
Jody is a natural planner in all aspects of her life, and that is especially true with planning Disney vacations. To her, planning and researching for months and months is almost as exciting as taking those first steps onto Main Street, U.S.A.! Being a Disney trip planner is definitely her dream job — well, after playing Elsa in the Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire show — and she is committed to helping clients plan trips they will never forget.
After working in higher education for 10 years, Jody wanted a more flexible, kid-friendly job. So she turned to her love of Disney and travel planning and now helps other families plan their dream vacations.
“I often tell my clients that I care about their vacation more than them!” Jody says. “I’m so very devoted to my clients and making sure they have all they need.”
The best part of her job is seeing the smiles from the children — and parents — in the photos that they send her, Jody says. “I am helping make precious and treasured memories and solving problems and making life easier for parents and grandparents. I feel like a rockstar because kids get to have such a blast and the times of their lives partly because of me!”
She loves helping families who are are not sure where to start in planning their trips. “I love helping solve problems and putting together the puzzle for them.”
Jody visits a Disney destination almost monthly, so she knows first-hand the experiences her clients will have. “It’s so important to have feet on the ground and be on top of all that is new for my clients.”
Originally from Georgia, Jody has lived in Dallas, Texas, for the past 10 years. She is married to Zak and has a young daughter and son.
Jody fell in love with Disney World when visiting as a child, but she fell even more in love when she took her own children and saw the magic in their eyes. “Hearing ‘Look, Mommy!’ and ‘I just love Minnie so much!’ and seeing their faces light up when a character waved at them are moments I will always treasure,” Jody says.
Jody’s Top 3 Travel Tips:
- “You absolutely cannot do it all. Even if you were there a year. Let’s decide what makes the most sense and what to prioritize.”
- “Someone is going to have a meltdown — it may be you! How can we avoid those?”
- “There is so much magic that may ‘just happen.’ Try to have some room to just enjoy and maybe not be perfectly planned.”
Jody’s Top 3 Favorite Disney Attractions:
- Slinky Dog Dash at Disney’s Hollywood Studios at Disney World
- Incredicoaster at Disney California Adventure Park at Disneyland Resort. “This scaredy-cat has come a LONG way since starting this job.”
- Soarin’ Around the World at Epcot and Disney California Adventure Park
Jody’s Top 3 Favorite Non-Disney Attractions:
- Cancun, Mexico
- Universal Orlando
- Other spots in Southern California